Refrigeration/Ammonia - Power Plant Technician
- Denver, CO
Department: MFG Maintenance
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: MFG Maintenance Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Install, service and repair heating, venting, air conditioning and refrigeration/ammonia systems. Ensure work is completed in accordance with relevant codes. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1 st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review specifications to plan layout and installation of wiring, equipment, or fixtures for heating/cooling systems, based on job requirements and local codes.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment for heating and cooling systems.
- Construct and fabricate pipe or plumbing systems and equipment for heating and cooling systems; connect wires thermostats, controllers, switches and other components.
- Inspect, operate and test heating or cooling system equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
- Dismantle devices to gain access or to remove defective parts; repair or replace defective equipment, components or wiring.
- Reassemble and test equipment after completing repairs; record and report all faults, deficiencies and other unusual occurrences.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Support the Predictive and Preventative maintenance program team.
- Support capital and internal projects; drive upgrades to plant refrigeration and power systems.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
- Good attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Completion of all certifications required by The Kroger Company, state and federal agencies to operate a power and/or ammonia plant safely.
- Strong knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the construction or repair of heating and cooling systems.
- Ability to interface with and troubleshoot motor control equipment properly and safely.
- 2-4 years of experience as maintenance mechanic or electrician.
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here .
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Back to top