Refrigeration Technician- NE Kansas
- Topeka, KS
Department: DIL Facility Engineering
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Refrigeration Lead in Specified Zone
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Oversees service calls for assigned stores for specified zone. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Work with lead to develop store maintenance schedule for assigned stores.
- Works within a team of refrigeration techs to assist with major repairs to the store system.
- Assist in diagnosing, maintaining, repairing, rebuilding, and/or replacing electronic, electrical refrigeration, and mechanical parts.
- Performs various preventative maintenance tasks at the stores.
- Maintain and controls inventory for truck stock.
- Maintain sanitation of work areas as prescribed by established standards.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Relocate to specified zones.
- Must have EPA refrigerant licenses.
- Ability to travel independently.
- Knowledge of company operations and procedures.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point with the ability to learn new computer skills.
- Customer service role model.
- Demonstrates ability to make intelligent decisions quickly and solve problems.
- Self-motivated, able to organize, prioritize, plan and meet deadlines.
- Communicate and interact effectively and amicably with the team including other associates, and supervisors and exercise consideration for others.
- Must be professional, dependable, possess positive attitude, good judgment, and be able to gain the support of others to get the job done.
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to promote, communicate and implement company initiatives and process improvements to direct reports in a positive manner.
- Able to tactfully and calmly handle stressful situations and make a positive impression on associates and customers.
- Be a team player and contribute positively to build team moral.
- Ability to enter data.
- Able to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to stand, walk and perform tasks requiring repetitive motions for over two-thirds of a full shift.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekend hours and overnights.
- Refrigeration and Energy management experience
- Prior experience in the maintenance field or appropriate school training.
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License; Facility Engineering - EPA - CFC Universal Certification
Nearest Major Market: Topeka
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Electrical, Technology, Engineering
Apply now »
Back to top