QA Engineer 3/ QA Lead for Digital
Company Name: Kroger General Office
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Line of Business: Technology Strategy & Architecture
See what life is like at Kroger Technology
Additional Technology Information:
This position will be responsible for driving the overall quality and test strategy across projects and large programs at Kroger Technology. The Quality Engineer III will have good knowledge of QA Tools, Practices, and must be able to partner with those in technical roles across Kroger Technology to make key decisions on what is needed to bring the greatest value with quality at a speed expected by our customers.
Manage quality and test related process execution, which highly impacts the business. This includes providing feedback on artifacts developed during all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) within Kroger Technology initiatives, authoring test plans and test cases, and performing test execution for both project and support related activities. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement and maintain quality and test procedures, processes and best practices with Quality Assurance.
- Review and contribute to the development of artifacts according to the chosen SDLC methodology.
- Develop and maintain test plan and test cases with associated test data based upon functional and non-functional requirements.
- Conduct tests, document and analyze test results and present findings to development teams. Provide guidance for test execution to resources temporarily assigned to help in the testing efforts.
- Report and document defects found during test cycles and participate in defect prioritization sessions.
- Coordinate information gathering for quality metrics.
- Provide test services for support activities and work with release management teams to assure product release quality.
- Communicate status in a timely manner, including any potential risks/issues, to the appropriate teams to ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Identify opportunities where testing can "shift to the left" into unit and contract testing coverage.
- Identify opportunities where test automation can be leveraged and monitor automated script creation, execution, maintenance, and adherence to frameworks, standards and best practices.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to solve team challenges as they relate to testing against evolving software development languages and technologies.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field of study
- 6+ years' experience testing software
- 6+ years' experience in integration and end-to-end testing
- 5+ years' experience coordinating tasks and dependencies across test teams
- Proven test modeling and writing skills
- Proven understanding of test targeting techniques
- Ability to apply knowledge of project methodology and business processes to test processes
- Solid understanding of risk assessment and risk management procedures
- Proven analytical skills, root-cause analysis skills, problem-solving skills, and decision-making skills
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization
- Ability to interact well in a team environment
- Experience in test automation tools
- Experience coordinating the test efforts of third-party vendors and their software
- Experience with Quality Center
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database validation
- The ideal candidate must have a passion and desire to learn cutting-edge technologies and the ability to define quality engineering solutions
- Testing certification is a plus
States: Indiana; Kentucky; Ohio
Jobs at Kroger:At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH||Cincinnati|| 221 E 4th St ||45202 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||Kroger Technology ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Meet Some of Kroger's Employees
LeAnne A.Digital Affiliate Marketing Manager
LeAnne focuses on pay-per-revenue marketing (also known as performance or affiliate marketing), collaborating with third parties to get them to share Kroger’s offers with their broader audiences.
Back to top