- Anderson, SC
Company Name: Kroger Manufacturing
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Successful candidates should possess project management experience in high voltage industrial applications and power engineering designs in addition to the listed requirements and essential job functions.
Provide technical and professional leadership in the areas of project management, engineering and maintenance, for all food manufacturing plants. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1 st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical and professional leadership by developing, planning, and implementing capital projects and improvements.
- Aid in evaluating new business and line extensions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new facility planning and construction.
- Oversee outside vendors, architects and engineers creating project bid documents and assist facilities in awarding contracts.
- Manage multiple assigned engineering projects establishing manpower, budgets, scheduling, equipment, and materials.
- Manage project schedule, scope, budget and quality via project management skills.
- Evaluate and select appropriate current and new equipment and technology.
- Prepare process analysis of new and existing processing technologies and systems.
- Specify and design processing, packaging and utility systems.
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis.
- Provide construction management and start-up management.
- Incorporate personnel safety, food safety and regulatory requirements into all solutions.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of Federal, State, and Local engineering codes and regulations.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 4 + years of progressive engineering leadership experience (L-8)
- 6 + years of progressive engineering leadership experience (L-9)
- 8 + years of progressive engineering leadership experience (L-10)
- Strong communication skills
- Relevant engineering experience in operations, project management, process design and contractor supervision in a process environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with strong grasp of engineering disciplines, plant operations and construction
- Experience formulating and executing plans that when complete, met pre-defined project goals
- Computer skills including spreadsheet and project scheduling
- Ability to travel significantly (75+ %)
- Prior experience in the food manufacturing industry with a preference for Dairy or Bakery
- Proven project management experience of complex projects
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Regions:General Office- Cincinnati
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: SC||Anderson|| 433 Sayre St ||29621 || Kroger Manufacturing||None||Engineering & Operations; Manufacturing ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top