Company Name:Foods Co.
Create outstanding customer experiences through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean and fresh environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Produce department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Produce operations. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, safety and food safety regulations and company guidelines.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets through collaboration and teamwork.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job including inventory, stocking, CAO, Key Retailing and other aspects of job as well as participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions and recommending products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Prepare fruit and vegetable platters/trays.
- Offer product samples.
- Inform customers of produce specials.
- Review/inspect products for quality and freshness and take appropriate action with those items.
- Utilize Fresh Insights to ensure proper sell through and shrink reduction.
- Recommend produce items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Implement merchandising promotional plan for the department.
- Keep all department associates current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule for price change activity including shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks, issues, customer or employee accidents and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Management experience preferred
- Produce experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Foods Co.: At Foods Co, our people make us who we are. They are more than just our associates, they're part of the communities we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, Foods Co is always looking for outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in building and advancing your career with Foods Co, we invite you to complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA||Pittsburg|| 300 Atlantic Ave ||94565 || Foods Co.||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top