Portfolio Operations Manager on Kroger Supply Chain Team
Company Name:Kroger General Office
Line of Business:Corporate Systems
See what life is like at Kroger Technology
Additional Technology Information:
As a member of the technology team with Kroger Supply Chain, you'll partner with Senior Technology, Finance, Operations and Accounting leadership to understand, manage and govern Capital Investment and Operating Expense budgets. The role also works closely with indirect sourcing in the full life cycle of contract management. You'll collaborate daily with a group of highly innovative engineering managers, product managers, and business strategy leaders to define and control the financing for the development teams of the Kroger Supply Chain and Kroger Modernization teams. As a member of the Kroger Supply Chain Team, you'll also be instrumental in shaping the next generation of solutions as Supply Chain migrates to the public cloud.
Direct and manage the design, development and support of multiple teams and/or their supporting processes to meet customer expectations. Provide strategic direction and function as a liaison across the Technology organization and business partners. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administer all facets of personnel administration including hiring, performance management, resource allocation and associate development.
- Administer all facets of budgeting, including the development and ongoing management of annual budgets; capital and expense. Plan/forecast future budgets.
- Accountable for strategic alignment of system specifications, personnel requirements, and project schedules of Technology services.
- Partner with Technology management teams to evaluate requirements and determine the best technical solution for initiatives.
- Accountable for team(s) adherence to all Technology standards and procedures, including regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for systems performance and resolution of production incidents, which may require 24 hr/7 day week coverage.
- Drive continuous organizational improvements.
- Ensure SLA's are defined and monitored to ensure agreements are met.
- Accountable for regular communications to team members regarding The Kroger Co. and Technology.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 3 - 5 years experience leading Technology initiatives.
- May require 5 or more years experience in administrative management of teams and/ or extended staff including contractors.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of systems, procedures, and technology/project life cycles.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization
- Direct technical experience in related disciplines.
- Strong negotiating skills and may require experience in contract management.
- Proven track record of delivering objectives on time and within budget.
- A working knowledge of IT Service Management practices.
- Solid administrative and project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related equivalent work experience in an Information Technology position.
- 5 - 8 years of experience managing Technology teams
States: Indiana; Kentucky; Ohio
Jobs at Kroger:At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH||Blue Ash|| 11450 Grooms Road ||45242 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||Information Services and Systems ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top