Plant Senior Quality Leader
Company Name:Tolleson Dairy
Ensure consistent production of safe, quality product by following corporate and government guidelines. Supervise Quality Assurance associates. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1 st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership to the plant in areas of food safety and product quality.
- Serve as liaison for governmental inspections.
- Participate in corporate regulatory compliance inspections and audits.
- Audit plant sanitation process through environmental testing, product testing and physical inspections.
- Assure that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are consistently and effectively followed and ensure pest control program compliance.
- Support quality initiatives by participating in routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) walkthroughs and participating in or leading any food safety or quality initiatives.
- Monitor to ensure that Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls (HARPC), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), allergen programs, formulations, and finished product consistently meet specification.
- Assure that Quality Assurance staff is properly trained and resourced.
- Ensure thorough and effective annual training of Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices GMPs and Food Safety Programs.
- Assure that record keeping is accurate and meets Kroger, SQF and government regulations.
- Ensure receiving procedures for incoming and outgoing ingredients are in compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Investigate consumer comments, collaborate with production on resulting action plans.
- Assist Corporate Food Technology (CFT) with product development, product audits and calculation of raw materials.
- Provide support to production in continuous improvement effort.
- Provide feedback to suppliers to improve relationships and resolve quality issues.
- Assist the staff management team in all Safe Quality Food policies and requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in food science or a related field
- Preventative Control Qualified Individual certification
- SQF practitioner certified
- 5+ year's quality assurance lab experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to apply statistical process control concepts
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Thorough working knowledge of food safety and microbiological concepts
- Plant QA Assistant Manager
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AZ||Tolleson|| 500 S. 99Th Ave ||85353 || Tolleson Dairy||None||Manufacturing ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top