Plant Maintenance Supervisor - 3rd Shift
- Blue Ash, OH
Company Name:Springdale Ice Cream & Beverage
Plan, coordinate and supervise the daily activities of assigned departments, such as maintenance, operations and the warehouse, to ensure efficient operations. Responsible for ensuring all tasks performed by associates and others are performed safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support and participate in the plant's safety process.
- Oversee daily activities of assigned shift relying on high degree of concentration and knowledge of the operations process, and provide necessary, daily communication with managers, leads, and all associates.
- Plan, coordinate and advise department associates of work to be completed each day.
- Oversee daily set up of machinery and equipment prior to production for efficient and effective operation.
- Monitor production process to ensure smooth flow.
- Receive and resolve operation problems for assigned shift.
- Monitor performance of department associates to ensure adherence to established standards and procedures such as safety and housekeeping.
- Give verbal and written reports daily to the production manager and any other necessary personnel to fulfill appropriate documentation.
- Visually inspect products and operations to ensure quality of products and work. Ensure plant achieves 85% reliability on production lines.
- Facilitate or schedule communication meetings regularly with department associates.
- Provide progressive training to develop shift leads.
- Provide regular feedback to associates on performance against all department and plant goals and objectives.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline supporting food manufacturing operations or 3+ years equivalent experience and training
- Thorough knowledge of department operations and procedures
- Basic math and computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand complex instructions
- Ability to write brief reports and log documentation
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing plant
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing practices
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Ohio; Indiana; Kentucky
Keywords: Food Manufacturing Industrial Management
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH||Springdale|| 11801 Chesterdale Road ||45246 || Springdale Ice Cream & Beverage||None||Manufacturing ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top