Plant Continuous Improvement Leader (CIL) - Fast Track, Relocation Required
Company Name:LaHabra Bakery
Lead and facilitate plant Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts. Apply appropriate tools to drive improvements in Safety, Quality and Reliability (SQR). Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1 st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist plant teams with goal-setting and tracking CI measures.
- Select/apply appropriate CI tools to improve line capacity, line efficiency, process reliability, mean time between failure and other key measures.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools and the DMAIC process to complete projects with annual savings and provide technical expertise to support root cause analysis process.
- Create control plans to produce sustainable gains.
- Lead teams to solve problems, eliminate waste and reduce variation.
- Participate in all relevant aspects of project management initiatives and support commissioning, qualification and verification for capital projects.
- Mentor/coach teams on CI and Lean/Six Sigma methodology.
- Utilize Kroger downtime system to identify/prioritize improvement opportunities.
- Develop/ leverage collaborative relationships to achieve work goals.
- Identify and understand issues and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, use effective approaches for choosing a course of action, and take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Travel occasionally to attend CI training and CI leader conferences.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of proven, successful leadership of teams
- Manufacturing experience
- Strong mathematical, analytical and conceptual skills, balanced by ability to apply common sense
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to leverage the capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse styles, abilities and motivations to achieve strong results
- Ability to remain flexible and adjust promptly and effectively during times of change
- Ability to guide a teams to collectively create actionable solutions
- Strong negotiation, oral and written communication skills
- Achieve Black Belt certification
- Experience developing/reengineering business processes from current to future state
- Training or exposure to statistical analysis
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma implementation and project management
- Green Belt certified and level 7 requirements completed as outlined in the CI training manual (pay level - 7)
- Black Belt certified and level 8 requirements complete as outlined in the CI training manual (pay level - 8)
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: Other
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering - a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service - in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA||La Habra|| 850 S. Cypress St. ||90631 || LaHabra Bakery||None||Engineering; Management; Manufacturing; Operations ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| Other
Back to top