Pharmacy Manager - Mariano's
Oversee all aspects of the pharmacy operations, including patient services, administration, staff supervision, maximizing profits and managing daily operations. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage pharmacy's daily operations and ensure delivery of patient services per company standards and expectations.
- Implement and supervise the development of specific pharmacy services and new programs.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all activities related to the compounding, dispensing, delivery, receipt and handling of medications and associated products within regulatory guidelines.
- Interpret and enter physicians' prescriptions patient data into computer system; check for drug interactions and allergies.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacy technician and supervise the prescription filling process.
- Counsel patients over the phone and in person regarding possible side effects of medications, proper administration of medications, potential drug/food or drug/drug interactions. Ensure patient's understanding of the medication treatment program.
- Consult with health care professionals and conduct research to ensure all services are in the patient's best interest and conform to established professional standards/applicable state laws.
- Advocate/support clinical initiatives (e.g., Medication Therapy Management (MTM), adherence programs, and quantifiable initiatives to improve patient outcomes).
- Work towards a standardized performance level as defined by pharmacy platform metrics (i.e. wait times, processing and verification timing).
- Adhere to all laws and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy including HIPAA, Preventing Fraud Waste & Abuse and OSHA; follow all company, store and department policies and procedures.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Provide friendly/efficient customer service by greeting customers in a genuine/friendly manner and demonstrating sincerity, patience, respect and empathy in all customer interactions.
- Escort customers to products they're looking for, load/unload heavy items, retrieve out of reach products and thank them for their business.
- Maintain the ability to work at multiple locations within the division.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, regularly reach with the hands and arms, use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls, talk and hear; frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, lift/move objects up to 25 lbs. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Schedule pharmacy staff for ongoing operations, special events and other changing conditions.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree, 3+ years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- State registered pharmacist license
- Current immunization certificaton
- Effective leadership, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Sound judgement/problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents, scientific/technical journals, financial reports, legal documents
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Chicago|| 1800 West Lawrence Ave. ||60640 || Mariano's||None||Store Management; Store Operations ||Seasonal/Temporary|| Exempt || Full-Time|| Pharmacy Board License
Back to top