Provide professional pharmacy services, including filling prescriptions, counseling patients and supervising pharmacy technicians. Assure that all services comply with professional standards and applicable statutes and regulations. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil codes.
- Adhere to all state and federal guidelines regarding annual licensing and restrictions on dispensing drugs.
- Interpret physicians' prescriptions and enter prescription and patient data into computer system.
- Provide pharmacy technician prescription information and supervise filling.
- Counsel patients over the phone and in person regarding possible side effects of medications, proper administration of medications, potential drug/food or drug/drug interactions. Ensure patient's understanding of the medication treatment program.
- Consult with the prescriber on matters affecting appropriateness of drug therapy.
- Follow the approved efficiency and accuracy procedures when filling prescriptions.
- Administer immunizations under defined protocols.
- Provide direct patient clinical services, including patient coaching services and medication therapy management.
- Monitor/maintain patient profiles.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure adequate service levels.
- Perform daily operational duties under the direction of the pharmacy manager.
- Follow department policies, procedures and best practices for all pharmacy operations.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention and maintenance rules are being followed; report all illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, regularly using close vision, depth perception and adjusting eye focus, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk and hear; frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift or move objects up to 25 lbs.
- Maintain the ability to work at multiple locations as needed.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Board of Pharmacy license
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Strong math skills (calculate discounts, proportions, percentages)
- Basic algebra and geometry skills (calculate circumferences, volume)
- APhA Immunization Certified
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Chicago|| 3145 South Ashland Ave ||60608 || Mariano's||None||Pharmacy ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| Pharmacy Board License
Back to top