People Services Manager-Mariano’s
Be the subject matter expert and lead the day-to-day human resource functions of staffing, onboarding, talent development, training, associate engagement and insights, and total rewards. Be the HR business partner to store leadership and a liaison and resource to all team members. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct regular store walks engaging team members and evaluating morale, service levels, productivity and job satisfaction; serve as a liaison providing feedback to store leadership.
- Manage the store hiring process and applicant tracking system; promote job openings, identify, interview and select best fit candidates using the proper interview tools, and assess recruiting methods for effectiveness.
- Maintain/update associate labor profiles; handle transfers/promotions per established guidelines.
- Provide a positive onboarding and orientation experience for new associates: promote the total rewards package and ensure all required forms completed.
- Coordinate all new hire training schedules; confirm team members are fully certified for their hired position.
- Enable new hires for success by ensuring an engaging one-on-one feedback discussion is held with each associate at 15, 30, 60 and 90 days from hire to evaluate moral, training levels and retention.
- Manage the employee certification/recertification process and ensure the integrity of the process is maintained.
- Interact with department leaders and associates to determine talent bench strength and identify gaps.
- Evaluate day-to-day training needs, ensure training is provided, and discuss the outcome with the associate.
- Oversee the performance management process; partner with leadership in handling performance reviews.
- Develop/maintain local community relationships (e.g., schools, organizations) to increase the applicant flow.
- Lead/support committee initiatives and other events; be an advocate for positive change within the store
- Manage employee communications (e.g. update communication boards, create newsletters, etc.).
- Effectively address all associate complaints and grievances; respond to questions/request timely.
- Ensure team members understand and adhere to company policies, procedures and practices and local, state and federal laws and regulations; administer employment laws, regulations, company policies and other guidelines.
- Administer coaching and discipline for all associates timely/consistently; manage unemployment claims.
- Operate equipment (e.g., register, computer, flatbed, shopping cart) according to company guidelines.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, and lifting/carrying objects 10 to 25 lbs.; occasionally turn, kneel, reach, squat, stoop, bend and lift/carry objects up 55lbs. and pushing/pulling up to objects up to 200 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree; strong math skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to lead and develop others; ability to handle stressful situations
- Strong analytical skills; attention to details
- Ability to recognize and protect highly confidential information
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- 1+ years of Human Resources experience
Education Level: None
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Gurnee|| 6655 Grand Avenue ||60031 || Mariano's||None||Store Management; Store Operations ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Meet Some of Kroger's Employees
Alicia P.Cost Management Manager
Alicia oversees a group of 12 cost management analysts who collaborate with suppliers to optimize promotional profitability and in-store merchandise assortment decisions.
Back to top