Modified Full-Time Floater Pharmacist - Decatur, IL
- Decatur, IL
Company Name:Kroger Stores
Provide exceptional customer service in a safe and clean environment to ensure the customer's return visit. We accomplish this in many ways including, but not limited to, treating our customers/associates in a fair and ethical manner, promoting an inclusive work environment, being a responsible member of the community, providing the right products at the right time with fair and accurate pricing. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Administer immunizations to customers following Kroger standing orders and procedures.
- Complete clinical services according to relevant case load.
- Dispense medications to customers pursuant to prescriptions, following laws, regulations, policies, procedures and ethical standards.
- Compound medications, using standard formulas and processes, such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
- Review prescriptions issued by prescribers to ensure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Verify new medication against existing medication and patient profile to ensure that there are no drug or drug disease interactions prior to filling prescription.
- Verify the work of the pharmacy technicians and interns, including the accuracy of all prescriptions assembled.
- Engage the pharmacy team to hold appropriate day supply; follow protocol on recalls.
- Follow all state and federal laws regarding annual department and personal licensing application/renewal.
- Maintain established procedures for quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify/correct unsafe conditions.
- Report all customer or employee accidents to management in a timely manner.
- Maintain adequate schedule flexibility to assist in properly staffing open shifts.
- Communicate on-going store special programs.
- Communicate information with department members that impact the department or job functions.
- Comply with the provisions and agreements set forth in company policies and the union contract(s).
- Adhere to all company, local, state, and federal laws and guidelines, including HIPAA fraud, waste and abuse (Medicare), and DEA procedures.
- Work collaboratively with team members to promote teamwork and align the goals of the organization.
- Travel to work at other pharmacy store locations within the region.
- Promote trust and respect among the team.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be a licensed pharmacist in good standing
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy or PharmD
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Valid driver's license
- Management experience
- Pharmacy experience
- Retail experience
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Decatur|| 1818 Airport Plaza ||62521 || Kroger Stores||None||Pharmacy ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| Pharmacy Board License
Back to top