Manager of Logistics-Mariano’s
Plan, direct and manage the store inventory operations to promote and maximize sales and profit margins and achieve labor goals. Meet or exceed budgeted targets through effective utilization of resources. Responsible for the inventory management of all packaged, refrigerated and dry goods. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate a love of food and passion for people, incredible customer service and performance excellence through example and team member education.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Ensure proper product handling to control cost (e.g. shrink and waste).
- Follows all company, store and department policies and procedures.
- Manage the store inventory program while adhering to local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Institute 'Best Practice' leadership and management principles.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the ordering and logistics of all packaged, refrigerated and dry goods.
- Accountable for the in-stock position of all packaged, refrigerated and dry goods.
- Coordinate and control the ordering of product for truck-to-shelf delivery; monitor daily invoices and resolve discrepancies.
- Manage inventory levels to include shrink management and achieve/exceed expected physical inventory results.
- Provide process improvement, issue resolution, change management and effective communication to ensure logistics operations enhance customer service.
- Analyze product flow and sales trends to accurately forecast future product needs.
- Ensure that vendors provide contracted commitments, measure performance against operational service level agreements and coordinate vendor deliverables including accurate ordering, accurate shipments, product freshness and controlled back-stock and shrink.
- Identify and recommend new vendor opportunities.
- Manage damaged product properly and timely to ensure proper restitution.
- Interpret and utilize all available reports to enhance appropriate ordering of product.
- Maintain product storage and staging areas to achieve expected safety and sanitation conditions.
- Communicate daily with the co-store director regarding the department status (e.g., success, issues and planning).
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, regularly sit, stand and use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls; frequently walk, talk, hear, climb stairs, reach with hands or arms and adjust visual focus. Occasional kneeling, crouching, lifting objects up to 50 lbs., and climb ladders
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma/GED, 5 yrs in supermarket industry and completion of mangement training program, or equvilent combination of education/experience
- Effective leadership, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; strong time management skills
- Sound judgement/problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to create operating budgets/financial forecast
- Comprehensive knowledge of store operations and human resource functions
Education Level: None
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Naperville|| 1300 S. Naper Blvd. ||60540 || Mariano's||None||Store Management; Store Operations ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top