Plan, direct and manage the store Food Service operations to promote and maximize sales and profit margins and achieve labor goals. Meet or exceed budgeted targets through effective utilization of resources Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate a love of food and passion for people, incredible customer service and performance excellence through example and team member education.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Ensure proper product handling to control cost (e.g. shrink and waste).
- Follows all company, store and department policies and procedures.
- Manage the Food Services program while adhering to local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Institute 'Best Practice' leadership and management principles.
- Drive sales and profits through innovative merchandising, industry knowledge and technical expertise.
- Provide leadership, support/guidance to ensure food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety, sanitation guidelines and customer service expectations are met and maintained.
- Manage a cost-effective program; effectively forecast, plan, order and receive product/supplies and schedule associates to achieve labor goals while meeting or exceeding the customers' expectations.
- Direct/coordinate all food production and processing; oversee and/or participates in menu planning
- Manage prep work for multiple departments up to and including finished product.
- Manage all phases of serving food to the customers; meet with customer and plan catering needs or functions supplying food and other services as agreed to by the parties; supervise all staff in managing the event.
- Ensure associates are properly trained; establish/maintain cross training practices to optimize production.
- Maintain required records including food production and inventory records.
- Review work procedures and operational concerns; determine methods to improve customer service, production, performance, safety and sanitation.
- Communicate daily with the store director regarding the department status (e.g., success, issues and planning).
- Interview and select best fit team members in partnership with the People Services Manager.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, regularly sit, stand and use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls; frequently walk, talk, hear, climb stairs, reach with hands or arms and adjust visual focus. Occasionally kneel, crouch, lift objects up to 50 lbs., and climb ladders.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma/GED, 5 yrs in supermarket industry and completion of mangement training program, or equvilent combination of education/experience
- Effective leadership, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; strong time management skills
- Sound judgement/problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to create operating budgets/financial forecast
- Comprehensive knowledge of store operations and human resource functions
Education Level: None
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Vernon Hills|| 1720 N. Milwaukee Ave. ||60061 || Mariano's||None||Store Management ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None