Manager of Deli - 371
Manage the department to ensure an unprecedented shopping experience for the customer, promote sales and achieve profit margins and labor goals by focusing on quality and freshness. Oversee the total operations of the Deli department and manage employees, including hiring, firing, training, coaching and scheduling. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate deli equipment (e.g., slicer, fryer, oven, scale, knives, box cutter and pricing gun) according to company guidelines.
- Provide work direction, effective training, development and corrective action for Deli associates and direct them to achieve department and company objectives; conduct performance reviews.
- Ensure proper staffing to address service levels and efficient utilization of labor.
- Schedule properly trained associates to open/close the department per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Organize backroom and coolers to receive daily deliveries and ensure proper temperature of coolers.
- Ensure storage and code dating SOPs are followed for all products.
- Write orders based on individual store needs and trends; be alert to communications from the Deli Merchandising team.
- Manage the process for price changes and in-store transfers.
- Ensure removal and disposal of un-sellable product from the sales floor.
- Ensure proper cold chain procedures are adhered to including delivery to the store, storage, stocking and holding on the sales floor.
- Follow all merchandising guidelines, including display models, signage and product packaging.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting, stooping/bending, lifting/carrying objects 5 to 80 lbs., pushing/pulling objects 200 to 2,000 lbs., regular exposure to cold temperatures and wet surfaces Occasionally crawl, climb ladders and walk on uneven ground.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent, 1+ years' related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents (e.g., training manuals)
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Good math skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Metro Market: At Metro Market, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Milwaukee|| 1123 N Van Buren St ||53202 || Roundy's||None||Customer Service; Deli/Bakery ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top