Company Name:Quality Food Centers
Responsible for the maintenance of buildings and equipment in assigned group of stores. Install equipment and supports construction projects to ensure Facilities stays in alignment with divisional goals. The company requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, coordinate and perform maintenance tasks at assigned locations including, but not limited to, minor carpentry, floor repair, plumbing, painting, drain cleaning, roof maintenance, food equipment and contractor coordination.
- Conduct basic equipment preventative maintenance, including condenser and evaporator coil cleaning, filter changes, food equipment and other minor preventative maintenance.
- Set priorities for district maintenance requests based on store and management requirements.
- Complete work orders, inventory management and invoicing using approved processes in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot a problem and come up with a solution that has the lowest impact on the store, sales and budget.
- Maintain parts inventory in alignment with Kroger policy.
- Interpret and take appropriate action based on refrigeration alarms.
- Assist with warehouse organization and delivery or pickup of supplies and equipment.
- Respond to emergency situations during after-hours to resolve immediate safety, loss of sale and product concerns.
- Ensure vehicle is being properly maintained; such as vehicle documentation, oil changes, tire checks, with all services processed through Kroger maintenance work order system.
- Maintain ability to travel independently.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school degree or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks/projects
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic repair ability including preventative maintenance, carpentry, floor repair, plumbing and other facility maintenance tasks.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates and vendors.
- Must be able to pass an annual agility test as determined by QFC
- Must have a clean and safe driving record
- Trade school or Associates degree preferred
- Knowledge of Service Hub and in-store networks
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at QFC: At QFC, we are seeking friendly Associates who are passionate about helping others and who want to build lasting relationships with our Customers. We look for hard working team members who will support us in our mission to put every Customer first. We offer competitive wages and benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. If you're interested in joining the QFC team, we encourage you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA||Seattle|| 3701 S Norfolk St. ||98118 || Quality Food Centers||None||Facility Engineering ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| Driver's License
Back to top