Machine Operator_(Starting rate $15 - Pay for skills up to $21.75)
- Clinton, UT
Company Name: Layton Dough
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We are currently looking for empowered individuals to join our team at the Layton Bakery. Layton Bakery is a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies, where diversity and creativity are celebrated, innovation is embraced, and continuous improvement is expected. In this role, you will be a valuable part of our High-Performance Work Teams where you can offer your talent, ideas, and viewpoints to make your workplace a better place to work.
The successful applicant would be offered
- Starting wage of $15 per hour with the potential of $21.75 with our pay for skills program.
- An additional $1.50/hour for all hours worked between 6.00 pm and 6.00 am
- Set schedule for the year with a rotating 12-hour schedule which allows for a 3-day weekend every other weekend.
- Quarterly and Annual bonus potential
- Up to Two weeks of paid Vacation prorated during your first year.
- 6 paid Holidays with 4 personal days prorated your first year
- Paid sick leave
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts at all Smiths stores
- Many other perks
Responsible for all aspects of machine operation and changeover activities to achieve and maintain world class quality. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1 st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow all safety procedures including wearing all required personal protective equipment
- Effectively and safely operate and maintain the assigned machine and all related equipment to ensure all daily orders are met
- Complete safety observations when assigned
- Read and follow standard work for assigned machine
- Follow all standard work processes
- Verify proper components at the work station before beginning a job
- Monitor product to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded
- Complete "If down, do" list for this position when conditions dictate
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation accurately and legibly
- Maintain reliable attendance, including overtime as needed
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion
- Actively participate in Total Process Control activities
- Must be able to work around ingredients and/or finished products known to contain food allergens
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Effective written communication skills, including legibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous food manufacturing experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: Other
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Overnight
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: UT||Layton|| 500 Sugar Street-Bld.5 ||84041 || Layton Dough||None||Manufacturing ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| Other
Back to top