Machine Operator (Weekend Nights Advance Relief Operator)
Company Name:Tara Foods
The Machine Operator is responsible for all aspects of machine operation and changeover activities to achieve and maintain world class quality. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1 st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow all safety procedures including wearing of all required personal protective equipment.
- Effectively and safely operate and maintain the assigned machine and all related equipment to ensure all daily orders are met.
- Complete safety observations when assigned.
- Read and follow standard work for assigned machine.
- Follow all standard work processes.
- Verify proper components at the work station before beginning a job.
- Monitor product to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Complete "If down, do" list for this position when conditions dictate.
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation accurately and legibly.
- Maintain reliable attendance, including overtime as needed.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Actively participate in Total Process Control activities.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Effective written communication skills, including legibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous food manufacturing experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: GA||Albany|| 1900 Cowles Lane ||31705 || Tara Foods||None||Manufacturing ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top