Machine Operator- Vacation Relief- Food Manufacturing
Department: MFG Production
Position Reports To: Plant Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Machine Operator is responsible for all aspects of machine operation and changeover activities to achieve and maintain world class quality. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1 st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow all safety procedures including wearing of all required personal protective equipment.
- Effectively and safely operate and maintain the assigned machine and all related equipment to ensure all daily orders are met.
- Complete safety observations when assigned.
- Read and follow standard work for assigned machine.
- Follow all standard work processes.
- Verify proper components at the work station before beginning a job.
- Monitor product to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Complete "If down, do" list for this position when conditions dictate.
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation accurately and legibly.
- Maintain reliable attendance, including overtime as needed.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Actively participate in Total Process Control activities.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Effective written communication skills, including legibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous food manufacturing experience
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here .
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Back to top