- Worthington, OH
Department: COL Facility Engineering
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Mechanic's Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is an entry level position with the goal of gaining enough knowledge and skill to be promoted into an Apprenticeship program within 2 years. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Replace ballasts in light fixtures and cases.
- Troubleshoot and repair minor electrical issues with cases, light fixtures, etc.
- Communicate status of repairs and issues to store management.
- Ability to use a computer to send and receive emails, fill out timesheets, order parts, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of parts that is carried on service vehicle.
- Must be able to address service issues in a timely manner and prioritize calls, as deemed necessary by management.
- Have a good mechanical aptitude and ability to learn.
- Complete work in a safe manner and maintain a safe work environment.
- Technician will work under the supervision of a lead mechanic.
- Technician must provide service for the operation of stores by keeping equipment in a proper operating and safe condition.
- Must understand the importance of making thorough repairs to prevent return calls.
- Must be engaged and understand the importance of a successful preventative maintenance schedule, and follow through with plan/schedule.
- Must keep a high level of efficiency through skills training and effective management skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of electricity.
- Basic level of personal computer operation skills.
- High level of safe working habits.
- Ability to have flexibility in schedule including some travel.
- Trade school or equivalent
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Trade School Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License
Regions : General Office- Cincinnati; Mid-Atlantic; Midwest
States : Indiana; Michigan; Ohio; Pennsylvania; West Virginia
Back to top