Knoxville Recruiting & Retention Specialist
- Oak Ridge, TN
Company Name:Kroger Stores
The primary purpose of this position is to manage Human Resource functions on behalf of the store management team. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The Associate Manager must maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform staffing duties including, but not limited to, recruiting, performing initial interviews, utilize written job descriptions, hiring, pre-employment drug screens, criminal background checks and conducting new hire orientation
- Oversee accurate completion of all new hire paperwork and forward to the HRSSC in a timely manner.
- Monitor timely delivery of all required training for new hires and development of current associates
- Conduct associate exit interviews
- Maintain personnel and medical files (In accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA).
- Set up and maintain associate vacation calendar
- Maintain workers compensation files
- Work with store leadership and members of the Nashville Human Resources Department to identify opportunities in the execution of our OPAG initiatives and to facilitate these for the benefit of our associates
- Ensure that associate communication initiatives are delivered in an effort to improve associate engagement
- Ensure Performance Appraisals/30 day reviews are completed
- Ensure department schedules are posted and in line with the budget each week
- Assist associates with questions as it pertains to their hours, pay, or schedules
- Have knowledge of associate benefits
- Distribute all weekly payroll and obtain signatures on time sheets
- Process highly confidential information, maintaining and respecting confidentiality
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal applicable laws
- Maintain uniform program, including ensuring compliance from associates
- Birthday cards to all associates
- Plan, participate and assist in various associate events
- Support and coordinate all recognition programs with Division office
- Must adhere to all established policies and procedures
- Ability to work flexible schedules and overtime as required
- Comply with all safety regulations of the store
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- High school diploma and six months to one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, associates and customers.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), and web browsers.
- Associate Degree Preferred
- Ability to strategically project hiring needs in each department
- Strong Human Resources Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of state and federal labor laws
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN||Farragut|| 189 Brooklawn St. ||37934 || Kroger Stores||None||Human Resources ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top