- San Clemente, CA
Department: RAL Pharmacy
Position Reports To: Pharmacy Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: Union
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Able to perform the duties of a registered pharmacist under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet Customers, answer questions.
- Appropriately handle customer complaints.
- Perform cashiering functions.
- Assist staff pharmacist in mixing and dispensing medication, and patient and/or physician counseling, under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Processes unclaimed prescriptions.
- Answers phone.
- Telephones physician to request new or refill prescription authorization.
- Processes return to vendor if deemed necessary.
- Orders prescription and designated non-prescription pharmacy products.
- Maintains department, state, and federal standards.
- Maintains pharmacy files and inventory.
- Researches and follows up on third party billing problems.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Attending or a recent graduate of an accredited pharmacy school with a state board of pharmacy intern pharmacist license
- Minimum 18 years of age
- License must be in good standing
- Minimum 1-2 years related retail experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to read and interpret prescriptions and documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to travel independently
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Ability and willingness to continue education as necessary
- Participation in clinical programs following company sponsored training
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Back to top