Home Department Manager "D1 KS134"
- Colorado Springs, CO
Department: KS Home
Post End Date:
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide our customers with exceptional customer service and with a safe and clean environment to ensure the customer's return visit. Responsible for working to achieve sales and profit goals established for the department and to monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct, support and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Home department. Embrace the Customer 1st Strategy by delivering and encouraging other associates to deliver legendary customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Commitment to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Responsible for being professional, displaying a positive attitude, and speaking highly of the company in the presence of customers.
- Ensure all customer inquiries are resolved promptly and effectively in a positive and professional manner.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Monitor expense control.
- Adhere to all company, local, state, and federal laws and guidelines.
- Work to prevent and report robbery, theft or fraud.
- Practice preventative maintenance by proper inspection and repair of equipment.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify or correcting unsafe conditions.
- Promptly report all customer or associate accidents to management.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for sales and merchandise.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and controls.
- Communicate on-going store special programs.
- Communicate information with department members that impact the department or job functions.
- Comply with the provisions and agreements set forth in the union contracts.
- Collaborate with management to schedule associates appropriately using scheduling tool.
- Set performance goals for the department and associates and empower associates to enhance performance.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to modify behavior in order to reach a goal or objective
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to be flexible
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Retail experience
- Cashier experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Back to top