Grocery Department Manager Backup
Assist the Grocery Department Manager in planning, organizing, and performing production and customer service functions; maximize store sales and profits. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Grocery Department Manager in organizing work, train and schedule associates so that customers are consistently provided with prompt courteous service.
- Respond appropriately to customer or associate comments, complaints, requests, and questions. Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous and professional in all interactions.
- Use Computer Assisted Ordering to manage ordering appropriate quantities of merchandise and supplies, and ensure proper accounting of product received and balance on hand.
- Perform and direct others in pricing and displaying of merchandise. Maintain proper signage, product rotation, freshness, quantity, quality and proper space allocation for merchandise.
- Coach and Train associates on effective, productive merchandising techniques, customer services, product presentation and promotional activities.
- Implement company programs and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Provide input on department budgets, goals and results and maximize department and store sales and profits.
- Communicate and interact with associates and customers to provide a positive impression.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain floor, shelf and grocery areas clean and up to sanitary standards.
- Maintain department temperature logs accurately for coolers and freezers on all shifts.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate aptitude to manage people and organize workloads.
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to promote, communicate and implement company initiatives and process improvements to direct reports in a positive manner.
- Ability to make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Qualified and able to operate power machinery and work with various job tools.
- Possess abilities and skills for effective production, merchandising, and customer services related to sale of merchandise.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Grocery retail work experience.
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS||Lawrence|| 3000 W 6Th St ||66049 || Dillons||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top