General Technician Apprentice
- Seymour, IN
Company Name:Kroger Stores
General Technician Apprentice needed to perform general maintenance repairs for Food Prep and Material Handling Equipment. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide complete store service to all assigned stores and on all assigned non-refrigerated equipment except, those items covered by Vendor warranties and Landlord liabilities, as economically as possible.
- Evaluate store equipment and assist the Maintenance Engineer in determining the best way to provide maintenance service.
- Assist with major and minor project installations as directed.
- Determine what parts the maintenance department should stock in order to perform timely and complete repairs and preventative maintenance to store equipment.
- Provide complete and timely preventive maintenance for store equipment.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicle, if one is assigned.
- Train Technicians and/or technicians in the repair of store equipment should the need arise. Train Technicians, technicians, engineers and store personnel in the proper use of store equipment.
- Properly communicate with Facility Engineering staff, store management and other servicemen through both written and verbal techniques.
- Maintain effective communications with store personnel in order to reduce maintenance cost, especially as it relates to equipment abuse, repeat calls, overtime, and incomplete understanding of the equipment.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, part and purchasing documentation in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong mechanical skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel independently
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Prior knowledge/experience with kitchen and material handling equipment maintenance/repairs
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN||Seymour|| 1181 W Tipton St ||47274 || Kroger Stores||None||Facility Engineering ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Nearest Major Market: Seymour
Job Segment: Apprentice, Technician, Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering
Apply now »
Back to top