Front End Lead - 186
- Green Bay, WI
Assist the service operations manager with supervision of Front End (FE) policies and procedures, cashier performance, labor control and customer relations. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly/efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., register, intercom, telephone, scale, check verification machine, coupon machine, scanner, shopping cart, and flatbed) according to company guidelines.
- Perform cashier duties; assist with FE cleaning/maintenance.
- Assist in supervising FE activities to ensure a positive customer experience and accurate, prompt checkout.
- Communicate department priorities, policies and procedures and delegate accordingly.
- Ensure correct product handling/scanning techniques; verify all forms of tender/coupons are handled correctly; authorize check cashing and verify price checks and scan error forms are completed.
- Review all daily cashier exception reports, voids/refunds for proper authorization and handling; verify accuracy of bookkeeping reports/deposits.
- Maintain Nonsufficient Funds check file and inventory control for accounting.
- Administer store audit policies; perform random cashier coupon audits
- Assist in developing/implementing the weekly FE work plan; ensure proper staffing to address service levels and efficient utilization of labor.
- Conduct/oversee training and assess retraining needs.
- Recommend associates for advancement/special recognition or for disciplinary action.
- Review weekly management report, store grading and scanning reports and take appropriate action.
- Assist in supervising FE security procedures; ensure proper authorization for admittance to security areas.
- Report/ensure all defective equipment is repaired.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify and correct unsafe conditions and notify store management; follow all store/department policies and procedures.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, turning, reaching, lifting objects 10 to 25 lbs., pushing/pulling objects 50 lbs.; occasionally squat, stoop/bend, turn, lift objects 25 to 55 lbs. and push/pull up to 200 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- High school diploma or equivalent
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs atPick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Green Bay|| 1819 Main St. ||54302 || Roundy's||None||Front End ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top