Floral Manager - 186
- Green Bay, WI
Coordinate and provide support in floral sales, floral product care and floral design, while achieving budgeted sales and profit objectives. Coordinate customer service, ordering, designing, merchandising, department maintenance, inventory control and product care. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store; assist them with selections and orders; determine type, style and price of arrangement desired; make payment arrangement and package the order.
- Provide effective training, development, work direction and corrective action for department associates and encourage/lead them to achieve department and company objectives; assist with performance reviews.
- Plan, delegate and write associate work assignments/labor schedules.
- Create and implement attractive/creative displays and signage; integrate new/seasonal items.
- Order floral supplies based on availability, costs, gross profit and sales projections.
- Complete department paperwork, review reports and take inventory.
- Partner to coordinate in-store promotions and advertising; update pricing in the Point of Sale system.
- Properly operate equipment (e.g., telephone, calculator, knife, scissors, under-water flower cutter, wire cutter, plant hook, rack, box cutter, stem cutter, flatbed, pallet jack and register) according to company guidelines.
- Receive/price incoming shipments; verify content, quality and quantity to the invoice. Strip, cut and condition flowers/plants properly and place for sale; ensure proper pricing and maintain the floral scan file accurately.
- Care for product on the sales floor and in the cooler; properly water all plants including hanging baskets, check fresh flower water levels, remove dead leaves and ensure balloons are properly inflated.
- Clean walk-in, bouquet and arrangement coolers and back coolers, sweep and wash floors, empty water from buckets, clean shelves and display areas, and keep back storage area organized.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and take corrective action.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently standing, reaching, turning, stooping/bending, squatting, walking, climbing ladders, grasping, squeezing and holding objects with hands, fine finger motion and lifting/carrying 2 to 25 lbs. and exposure to cooler. Occasionally lift/carry objects 25 to 50 lbs. and push/pull objects 150 to 500 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic math skills (counting, addition and subtraction)
- High school diploma or equivalent
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs atPick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Green Bay|| 1819 Main St. ||54302 || Roundy's||None||Customer Service; Produce/Floral ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Nearest Major Market: Green Bay
Job Segment: Merchandising, Manager, Food Safety, Advertising, System Administrator, Retail, Management, Quality, Marketing, Technology
Apply now »
Back to top