Fleet Services Truck Mechanic
- Riverside, CA
Department: RALDC Logistics
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Perform a wide variety of repairs, maintenance, installations, replacements, preventative maintenance and diagnostic tasks for various makes and models of trucks in an efficient, timely, accurate, professional and safe manner in accordance with all Company polices DOT, OSHA and other governmental standards and regulations. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment to include foundation brakes, air systems, ABS, suspensions, electrical and electronic diagnostics, lights, engine and powertrain.
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance (including: inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of truck).
- Ability to achieve objectives under a tight daily schedule.
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
- Complete computer based work orders with accurate repair descriptions of the work performed and insure parts used are charged to the work order.
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene, ARC
- Follow Ralph's policy and procedures in making all repairs.
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required
- Responsible for shop cleanliness, safety and compliance.
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency on equipment and technologies that enhance Ralph's productivity.
- Participate in company and/or vendor training programs
- Mobile road side repairs as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation.
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Prompt daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather).
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally).
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse population.
- Must supply own mechanic hand tools through ¾" required for truck repairs.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Technical training in mechanics, engine repair, powertrain, air brake systems, welding.
- 2 years previous truck repair and maintenance experience.
- Experience with Freightliner trucks, DD13 engines, DDDL and Service Link diagnostics.
Education Level: Trade School Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Keywords: truck mechanic, fleet mechanic
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA||Riverside|| 1500 Eastridge Ave. ||92506 || Kroger Logistics||None||Logistics/Supply Chain ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Nearest Major Market: Riverside
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineer, Engineering
Apply now »
Back to top