Assist in providing support in each of the functional areas of Facility Engineering maintenance, including electrical/mechanical, refrigeration/HVAC or specialty trades. Assist in providing maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls to gain knowledge and skills for career development within Facility Engineering. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in performing various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures with respect to buildings and equipment.
- Develop skills for troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Assist in performing component replacement.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Drive independently on a daily basis to stores as assigned.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
- Experience reading schematics
- Vocational school education
- EPA Type 1 Certification
Education Level: Trade School Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Roundy's:At Roundy's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Milwaukee|| 875 E Wisconsin Ave ||53202 || Roundy's||None||Facility Engineering ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| Driver's License