Facility Engineering Refrigeration/HVAC Technician 5
- Portland, OR
Company Name:Fred Meyer
Provide equipment, refrigeration and HVAC maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls. Assist with the development of technicians' knowledge, skills and abilities. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive independently to stores on a daily basis as assigned.
- Perform various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures, including audits.
- Perform repairs to systems.
- Maximize optimum performance of equipment by utilizing the applicable instrumentation or data.
- Navigate and investigate electronic controls interfaces.
- Assist with and perform various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures to buildings and equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues and repair equipment.
- Perform compressor, large motor and component replacement.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Provide input to supervisor and management towards maintenance best practices.
- Audit registered store equipment identification lists.
- Assist other skilled trade technicians in repairs as requested.
- Provide feedback on performance reviews
- Coach, mentor and train other technicians.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 7+ years' proven refrigeration/HVAC experience and satisfactory overall performance
- EPA Type 2 Certification
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced technical training or related technical certifications
- Ability to use and instruct others in the use of control manufacturer software
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
- Demonstrated mentoring and training experience
- Experience reading engineering drawings, manuals and schematics
- Supervisory experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 75%
Required Certifications/Licenses: Facility Engineering - EPA - CFC Universal Certification
Position Type: Full-Time
Keywords: Refrigeration HVAC Technician
Jobs at Fred Meyer: Based in Portland, Oregon with over 130 stores throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Alaska, Fred Meyer offers one-stop shopping with store employment opportunities in apparel, home, food, pharmacy and home electronics as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise and product development, store operations, customer communications, public affairs, food and pharmacy. We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for service, leadership, honesty and diversity. Whether you like working with people, numbers or ideas, you can find a home at Fred Meyer. And with stores and offices across the Pacific Northwest, we have opportunities for talented individuals if you prefer to be closer to the mountains, ocean, or city.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR||Portland|| 3800 S.E. 22Nd Ave. ||97202 || Fred Meyer||None||Facility Engineering ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| Facility Engineering - EPA - CFC Universal Certification
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Pharmacy, Merchandising, Aerial Operator, Technology, Engineering, Healthcare, Retail
Apply now »
Back to top