Facility Engineering Mechanic - Apprentice
- Worthington, OH
Department: COL Facility Engineering
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Maintenance Engineer
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: 5
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provide refrigeration and mechanical engineering, technical service support, and mechanical vendor management for operating stores Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist technicians in the preforming of preventative maintenance on refrigeration equipment as well as non-refrigerated equipment such as material handling equipment, food prep equipment, and HVAC equipment
- Perform leak checking of refrigerated equipment and line-sets
- Understand various refrigeration control methods
- Analyze and troubleshoot refrigeration systems
- Understand 3 phase electric
- Read electrical schematic and be able to perform basic troubleshooting tasks
- Ability to use a computer to send and receive emails, fill out timesheets, order parts, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of parts that is carried on service vehicle
- Responsible for addressing service issues in a timely manner and prioritize their calls, as deemed necessary by management
- Have a good mechanical aptitude and ability to learn
- Complete work in a safe manner and maintain a safe work environment.
- Provide service for the operation of stores by keeping equipment in a proper operating & safe condition.
- Efficiency through skills training and effective call management skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- HVAC/R certified (type 1 &2)
- EPA Universal Certification
- Basic Electrical and refrigeration training or schooling
- Basic level of computer operations skills
- High level of safe working habits
- Ability to have flexibility in scheduling including some travel up to 75% of the time
- Trade school or equivalent
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Trade School Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License
Regions : General Office- Cincinnati; Mid-Atlantic; Midwest
States : Indiana; Michigan; Ohio; Pennsylvania; West Virginia
Back to top