Facility Engineering Maintenance Mechanic
- Worthington, OH
Department: COL Facility Engineering
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Maintenance Engineer
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: 8
FLSA Status: Exempt
Troubleshoot, perform service and preventive maintenance to the store's refrigeration systems, consisting of single air cooled units remote parallel racks. Perform service for non-refrigerated equipment including deli, baker, produce, meat, and seafood prep equipment, material handling equipment, automatic and non-automatic doors, point-of-sale equipment. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsibility for all general and refrigeration services needs for division stores within a certain territory.
- Troubleshoot and make repairs in a timely manner
- Responsible forcommunicating with store personnel as well as Facility Engineering Management and Lead Mechanics.
- Manage parts inventory and prioritize calls based on importance
- Must be available to be on call 24/7 as scheduled
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations
- High school diploma or GED
- HVAC/R certified (type 1 &2)
- EPA universal certification
- 5 years maintenance experience
- Valid Ohio Driver's license
- Provide own hand tools
- Ability to kneel, bend, stoop, and lift up to 80 pounds
- Must use a computer and send and receive email, manage calls, timesheets, order parts etc.
- 5 + years of experience in maintenance
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Trade School Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License; EPA Certification Class 1 and 2
Regions :General Office- Cincinnati; Mid-Atlantic; Midwest
States : Indiana; Michigan; Ohio; Pennsylvania; West Virginia
Back to top