Facility Engineering Door Technician
Company Name:Kroger Stores
Maintain the functionality and safety of the automatic doors and other entry systems in stores and other company locations. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive independently to stores on a daily basis as assigned.
- Troubleshoot and repair doors and automated entry systems.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance on entrance systems and ensure all doors are compliant with American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Clean and maintain company delivery vehicle.
- Provide input to supervisor and management regarding maintenance best practices.
- Audit registered store equipment identification lists.
- Assist other skilled trade technicians in repairs as requested.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing and pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- American Association of Door Manufacturer's (AADM) certification
- Experience reading engineering drawings, manuals and schematics
- Door manufacturer training
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License; Other
Position Type: Full-Time
States : Tennessee
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN||Nashville|| 2620 Elm Hill Pike ||37214 || Kroger Stores||None||Facilities Engineering; Facilities Maintenance ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| Driver's License; Other
Back to top