- Louisville, KY
Department: LOU Facility Engineering
Position Reports To: Maintenance/Service Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Electrical Tradesman for Louisville Division. Responsible for all phases of electrical installations and repair within our facilities. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform electrical installations for both major and minor projects. Assist the Supervisor Electrical Tradesmen as required in the completion of his duties.
- Evaluate store electrical equipment and assist the maintenance engineer and store mechanic in determining the best way to provide maintenance service.
- Complete assignments with little or no supervision and the help of one or more apprentice or tradesmen.
- Assist in determining what parts the maintenance department should stock in order to perform timely and complete repairs and preventative maintenance to all store electrical equipment. Specifically, this should be completed at the end of each project. But, the Maintenance Engineer may request assistance at any time.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts on assigned projects.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicle, if one is assigned.
- Train other tradesmen, engineers, store personnel, mechanics and/or technicians in the repair and proper use of selected electrical or electronic equipment as required.
- Properly communicate with Facility Engineering staff, store management and other tradesmen, material suppliers and servicemen through both written and verbal techniques.
- Maintain effective communications with store personnel in order to reduce maintenance cost, especially as it relates to equipment abuse, repeat calls, overtime, and incomplete understanding of the equipment.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, part and purchasing documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong organizational skills.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel independently
- Minimum four years' experience in the electrical trade.
- Possess and maintain an active Journeyman card (or equivalent) in the state of Kentucky, and Indiana.
- Associates Degree
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Other
States : Indiana
Nearest Major Market: Louisville
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Electrician, Maintenance Engineer, Engineering
Apply now »
Back to top