Provide back up to the department manager and support all areas of the company's standard operating position (SOP). Run the department successfully in the manager's absence, mastering the SOPs, including merchandising, order guides, scheduling, contribution to profit, people development and customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine/friendly manner throughout the store; assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Welcome, serve and assist customers; provide back up to the department manager in their absence.
- Ensure proper staffing to address service levels and efficient utilization of labor.
- Operate equipment (e.g., slicer, fryer, oven, scale, knives, box cutter, and pricing gun) per company guidelines.
- Ensure opening/closing procedures are followed according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Oversee that the backroom is clean and orderly per SOPs.
- Ensure storage/code dating SOPs are adhered to for all products.
- Ensure proper cold chain procedure is adhered to at all times; this includes delivery to the store, storage, stocking and holding on the sales floor.
- Assure all receiving procedures are adhered to appropriately.
- Follow all merchandising guidelines, including display models, signage and product packaging.
- Verify all Deli associates are properly trained to use the scales to assure correct pricing.
- Confirm removal and disposal of un-sellable product from sales floor.
- Monitor temperature of coolers/freezers to maintain freshness of products.
- Perform stocking duties, ensuring correct placement of stock and refilling of product.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Maintain ability to work varied shifts and relocate to another store location.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting, and stooping/bending, lifting/carrying objects 5 to 80 lbs., pushing/pulling objects 200 to 2,000 lbs., regular exposure to cold temperatures and wet surfaces Occasionally crawl, climb ladders and walk on uneven ground.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent, 1+ years retail experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Strong math skills (e.g., calculate discounts, proportions, percentages)
- Ability to read/interpret documents (e.g., training manuals)
- Good oral and written communication skills
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs atPick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Shorewood Hills|| 3650 University Ave. ||53705 || Roundy's||None||Deli/Bakery ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None