Co-Manager - Mariano’s
Manage Center Store, Floral, Pricing and Receiving departments to promote sales, achieve profit margins and labor goals and exceed customer expectations. Supervise and guide team members and act as manager-on-duty as required by the store staffing model. Function as a store director in training. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate a love of food and passion for people, incredible customer service and performance excellence through example and team member education.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Manage the Center Store, Floral, Pricing and Receiving departments to meet or exceed Contribution to Profit (CTP) budget /financial goals to include sales, profit, shrink, and labor through effective cost control, efficient utilization of labor, and strong customer service; assume responsibility for store when manager-on-duty.
- Establish and maintain a customer-oriented culture and deliver a high level of customer service; anticipate customer needs and resolve issues in a manner that strengthens customer loyalty.
- Ensure proper product handling to control cost (e.g. shrink and waste).
- Follow all company, store and department policies and procedures.
- Manage departments while adhering to local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Institute 'Best Practice' leadership and management principles.
- Operate equipment (e.g., hand jack, flatbed, fork lift, box cutter, scanner, register, and computer) according to company guidelines.
- Manage the warehouse inventory process and the vendors.
- Oversee and ensure proper In-Stock levels for the Center Store and Floral departments including all shelf items and promotional items; review pre-books for proper stock levels.
- Ensure effective preplanning and execution of weekly merchandising programs; manage elements of C.O.R.E. and plan-o-gram implementation and compliance.
- Analyze sales and work content to develop effective staffing/scheduling of the department work plans.
- Manage proper preparation of the store for physical inventory.
- Hire team members and provide training, coaching and development regarding policies, procedures, customer service and job responsibilities.
- Provide work direction, develop work improvement plans and provide corrective action/discipline to team members.
- Communicate with store director/ management concerning department's status.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting and stooping/bending. Occasionally crawl, climb ladders, walk on uneven ground, lift/carry objects 15 to 100 lbs., push/pull objects 100 to 2,500 lbs., and extended exposure to cold temperatures (38 o and -20 o ).
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma and 5 year's retail supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience; strong math and reading skills
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; strong time management skills
- Sound judgement/problem solving and decision making skills
Education Level: None
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Chicago|| 3030 N. Broadway Suite 100 ||60657 || Mariano's||None||Store Management; Store Operations ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Meet Some of Kroger's Employees
Alicia P.Cost Management Manager
Alicia oversees a group of 12 cost management analysts who collaborate with suppliers to optimize promotional profitability and in-store merchandise assortment decisions.
Back to top