Cloud Solutions Engineer
Company Name:Kroger General Office
Line of Business:Infrastructure Services
See what life is like at Kroger Technology
Additional Technology Information:
• Contribute to automating the build and deployment of software and application services on cloud platforms • Build and support a portfolio of reusable cloud components, services and interfaces for the enterprise • Hands-on coding (either application or Infrastructure as Code) • Works on multiple projects as a technical lead or internal consultant • Advise teams on architecting, designing and deploying scalable, fault-tolerant, enterprise cloud solutions to public and private cloud platforms • Design for security, compliance, and resiliency
Provide advanced and/or cross-technology engineering through all phases of the Technology / Project Life Cycle. The Technology Engineer is responsible for the overall systems infrastructure including engineering, implementation and integration, and technical services and support. The Technology Engineer designs, implements/installs, maintains and administers infrastructure systems including hardware, software and various configurations. Monitors overall performance to proactively identify potential issues and tune appropriately. Performs root cause analysis on failed components and implements corrective measures. The Technology Engineer mentors and coaches others to establish and improve processes and procedures. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards and roadmaps.
- Design and successfully implement overall infrastructure / middleware components per project with infrastructure teams, ensuring that overall solution is designed to meet SLA (performance and up-time), DR, and scalability needs required by the solution.
- Ensure that post-production operational processes / deliverables are well designed and implemented prior to the project moving into the solution support phase.
- Define and create operational procedures, processes, and scripts.
- Follow appropriate change/release management practices.
- Support and maintain infrastructure solutions utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required.
- Develop and maintain deployed technology list for each infrastructure discipline.
- Evaluate, select, and implement new technologies with infrastructure teams to ensure adherence to architecture guidelines for new technology introduction.
- Evaluate vendor technical and support capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership on establishing standards and guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 5 or more years' experience in support and/or engineering for the specific technical discipline: security, database, network, collaboration, desktop, storage, backup / recovery, mainframe platforms, UNIX platforms, AS/400 platforms, Windows platforms, web engineering, Citrix, directory services, and integration (EAI, batch and real time solutions)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to understand company business problems and identify probable technical solutions to those problems
- Bachelor's degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
- Extensive technical knowledge of procedural, web, and client server development languages and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of data modeling and design and business process engines
- Certification within discipline
States: Indiana; Kentucky; Ohio
Jobs at Kroger:At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH||Blue Ash|| 10290 Alliance Road ||45242 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||Kroger Technology ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top