City Market Facility Engineering Refrigeration/HVAC Technician 1
- Grand Junction, CO
Department: Enterprise Facility Engineering
Position Reports To: Facility Engineering Maintenance Group Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: MR1
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assist with refrigeration and HVAC maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive independently to stores on a daily basis as assigned.
- Assist with and perform various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures to buildings and equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues and repair equipment as directed.
- Assist in compressor, large motor and component replacement.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Assist other skilled trade technicians in repairs as requested.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year proven refrigeration/HVAC experience and satisfactory overall performance
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
- Experience reading engineering drawings, manuals and schematics
- EPA Type 2 Certification
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
- Pay range: $20.00/hr - $30.00/hr
- Bonus: Potential $1,400/yr
- 401(K) company match
- Paid Time Off to include; vacation time, personal time and sick and parental leave
- Life Insurance
- Health Care Benefits
Back to top