Cheese Lead - 179
- Madison, WI
Ensure the store teams are creating a unique customer cheese experience that will embody the food passion, cheese knowledge, interactive customer service, team leadership and industry leading merchandising that is uniquely Murray's Cheese. Work closely with the Deli Master, as well as the direct reports to create an environment of outgoing, personal, theatrical cheese retailing within the store environment. Role Model proactive selling and superior product knowledge to drive sales in a targeted manner. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and maintain the Murray's Cheese experience: interactive customer service, ongoing product education, effective cross-selling, merchandising, pushing and promoting designated products.
- Maintain knowledgeable, efficient, friendly staff fully trained in Murray's operations and products.
- Ensure all Roundy's and Murray's policies, operating standards, and procedures are communicated effectively, maintained, and followed at all times.
- Delegate priorities and tasks efficiently; clearly communicate expectations and needs to the team.
- Be a natural collaborator and expert team player who works well with others and proactively offers to help a colleague.
- Manage cheese inventory, communicating ordering needs to the Deli Master.
- Ensure that staff adheres to all Food Safety, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point, and Sanitation Procedures.
- Contribute to store goals for increasing sales and improving profit.
- Control shrink and waste by following Murray's and Kroger's Best Practices.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Be passionate about all things specialty meats and cheese; thrive on continuing to grow knowledge and skillset, while sharing it with others
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Management experience or Food Retail Experience or two-year Culinary Degree
- Willing to taste cheese daily
- Supportive of cheese business initiatives
- Able to inspire, motivate and train staff while ensuring successful completion of all tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong desire to learn, enthusiasm for the product, and an interest and willingness to try new and innovative approaches
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Prior food handling.
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs atPick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Madison|| 261 Junction Rd. ||53717 || Roundy's||None||Specialty Cheese ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Nearest Major Market: Madison
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Merchandising, Food Safety, Retail, Quality
Apply now »
Back to top