Center Store Lead (Inventory Control Lead) - 407
- Wauwatosa, WI
Achieve great in-stock conditions of the Center Store departments (Grocery, Dairy, Frozen, GM, Health Care, Beauty Care, Liquor and Processed Meat) through disciplined, daily execution of all defined inventory accuracy processes and urgent replenishment from store back stock and displays. Lead the departments in the manager's absence. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Execute all defined inventory accuracy and inventory control procedures daily.
- Train and manage others to ensure execution of inventory control practices when inventory control lead is off.
- Operate equipment (e.g., hand jack, flatbed, fork lift, box cutter, scanner, telephone, register, and computer) according to company standards.
- Maintain awareness of all out-of-stock items, including the reasons why products are out of stock, and take immediate action to resolve the issue.
- Replenish shelf out of stock from back stock or displays when the inventory is in the store.
- Participate in the execution of the weekly merchandising plan.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of planograms and assume responsibility for planogram accuracy.
- Drive productivity and operating standards within the Center Store team.
- Organize the sales floor and backstock areas to ensure accurate physical inventory count.
- Interact with the grocery operations manager and other store leadership concerning the department's ongoing status (e.g., success, problems and planning).
- Direct, coach and train Center Store associates and develop work plans to ensure positive in-stock conditions.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify/correct unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting, stooping/bending, extended exposure to cold temperatures (38 o and -20 o ); occasionally crawl, climb ladders, walk on uneven ground, lift and carry objects 15 to 100 lbs. and push/pull objects 100 to 2,500 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school degree/GED and retail store experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic algebra and geometry skills (calculate circumferences, volume)
- Ability to read/interpret documents (e.g., training manuals); write routine reports/correspondence
- Power Industrial Truck (PIT) certified
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs atPick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||West Milwaukee|| 2201 Miller Park Way ||53214 || Roundy's||None||Grocery ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee
Job Segment: Merchandising, Food Safety, Retail, Quality
Apply now »
Back to top