Company Name:Kroger General Office
Effectively manage assigned categories. Responsible and accountable for achieving category sales, units, profit dollars, and growth objectives. Build General Office (GO) and Division specific plan for assigned categories. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for forecasting and achieving weekly and period category sales goals, profit dollars, growth objectives, EBITDA, Household and loyalty development and share of market in assigned categories.
- Serve as company Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned categories, staying abreast of commodity and brand performance trends, competitors and regional preferences (traveling as needed).
- Develop category budgets and strategy.
- Build GO sales plan customized by Division and identify and address gaps to budgets/targets.
- Define and execute category strategy and planning to include customer communications, cost of goods sold (COGS), and digital.
- Maintain division-specific Enterprise Sales Planning (ESP).
- Manage assortment (including item setup & maintenance), determine pricing strategy, and lead planogramming process for assigned categories, if applicable.
- Execute and support development of marketing strategy.
- Manage selected supplier and vendor relationships; interview and negotiate with manufacturers.
- Review and communicate results on assigned categories both internally and externally, including strategic review.
- Responsible for reaching Corporate Brand sales and share goals for assigned categories and managing manufacturing responsibilities (as assigned).
- Manage store supplies and setups for categories (as applicable).
- Participate in special projects as assigned (e.g., multicultural champion, shrink, reinvention projects, COGS).
- Proof ads, versions and collateral and review commodity and promo performance by Division
- Manage, evaluate, mentor, train, and develop team (includes hiring, talent management, and compensation planning as needed).
- Work collaboratively with all perishable departments to insure best use of Fresh Kitchen partners facilities and logistics, if applicable
- Maintain and uphold FRESH product standards (fresh departments)
- Act in a visionary role for the company which keeps the category fresh and in the forefront of food trends and innovation, if applicable
- Develop, implement and monitor seasonal products (national and regional holidays, sporting events), if applicable
- Work with Food Safety, Labor/ELMS teams to insure proper processes are created and implemented.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports, if applicable
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 3+ years experience in one of the following areas: replenishment buying/procurement, merchandising, store management, operations, or brand management
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel independently
- Bachelor's Degree
- Division Sales Manager, Store Coordinator, or Store Manager
- Vendor negotiations
- Promo planning
Required Travel:Up to 25%
Regions:General Office- Cincinnati
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee more nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a millionassociates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH||Cincinnati|| 1014 Vine Street ||45202 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||Category Management ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Meet Some of Kroger's Employees
Alicia P.Cost Management Manager
Alicia oversees a group of 12 cost management analysts who collaborate with suppliers to optimize promotional profitability and in-store merchandise assortment decisions.
Back to top