Company Name:Food 4 Less
Minimum Pay Range:15.70
Maximum Pay Range:19.72
Essential Job Functions:
- Grocery Clerk (Bakery/Deli) will prepare items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
- Bakery/Deli Clerk should offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Grocery Clerk (Bakery/Deli) will be able to inform customers of bakery and/or deli specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Recommend deli or bakery items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in bakery such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
- Measure, prepare and mix ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, robot coupe etc.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products when requested by customer.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Food and Hospitality Services jobs in Calexico, CA delivered to your inbox every week.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to obtain current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Customer Service skills
- Bakery or Deli experience is helpful
- Retail experience
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Food 4 Less: At Food 4 Less, our people make us who we are. They are more than just our associates, they're part of the communities we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, Food 4 Less is always looking for outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in building and advancing your career with Food 4 Less, we invite you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA || Calexico || 109 W Birch St || 92231 || Food 4 Less || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None