Assistant Store Manager Bryan / College Station
Company Name:Kroger Stores
Primary leadership responsibility is to create a friendly customer experience through exceptional service by highly satisfying each customer's needs and exceeding their expectations. Be the subject matter expert and lead the day-to-day store operations in the areas of engagement, freshness, ease of shopping, safety, food safety, the front end, fuel, shrink and expense management. Build high performance work teams by engaging, rewarding, coaching and developing associates. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Assist store leaders and associates in providing a positive customer shopping experience and increase associate interest in customer service/relations to enhance the company's reputation as the 'Best In Class' in the retail food industry.
- Lead the day-to-day store operations from the sales floor through regular store walks. Engage and ensure department leaders and associates understand and support Friendly & Fresh operational best practices and store standards.
- Encourage department leaders and associates to identify improvement opportunities around Friendly & Fresh. Empower them to work collaboratively to develop solutions and create implementation action plans.
- Utilize key tools and metrics (e.g., customer comments, operating statement, score card, etc.) to evaluate store performance, recognize trends, and analyze operations to effectively reduce shrink, maximize profits and exceed the customer's expectations.
- Analyze and manage store staffing and scheduling using forecasting tools and performance reports in collaboration with department leaders and the Human Resources assistant store manager.
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions that affect safety and food safety to create a positive work and shopping experience.
- Develop forecasting and budgeting objectives with the store manager.
- Coordinate operational procedures and use data for ordering, stocking, service, standards, shrink, and inventory management to support effective practices and maximize sales.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in the surrounding operating area.
- Analyze and respond to the competitive landscape within the district.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and company policies.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties, complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Ability to identify areas of improvement throughout a store and provide corrective guidance
- Strong analytical skills
- Successful completion of the applicable division management training program
- Ability to recognize and protect highly confidential information
- Effectively leading teams
- Retail management
- Financial responsibility including budget preparation and management
- Bachelor's degree
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TX||Bryan|| 2303 Boonville Rd ||77808 || Kroger Stores||None||Management ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Meet Some of Kroger's Employees
Cost Management Manager
Alicia oversees a group of 12 cost management analysts who collaborate with suppliers to optimize promotional profitability and in-store merchandise assortment decisions.
Back to top