Assistant Store Leader - Jefferson City/Columbia, MO - Area
- Columbia, MO
Department: DIL Store Management
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Manager
Position Supervises: Department Managers, Department Backups, Leads, Clerks
Pay Level: 70s - 72s
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of the store including continuous development of effective store associates to achieve desired business results. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Store Manager and associates in achieving a favorable customer shopping experience and associate interest in customer service/relations.
- Assist the Store Manager in leading teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives.
- Work with department heads and store associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans to ensure implementation of plans.
- Role models and demands the highest level of customer service.
- Manage total operations of the store in the Store Managers absence.
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, wage budgets and profit budgets, as well as other targeted goals.
- Drive sales working with Department Managers to produce and maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department's contribution.
- Assist the Store Manager in the regular store-level financial performance discussions.
- Analyze and respond to the competitive landscape within the district and division.
- Demonstrate inclusionary leadership, expect inclusive behavior from associates, and support the efforts of the
- Store, District, and Division Cultural Councils.
- Utilize coordinators and other field staff to ensure achieve sales and profit goals and execute division merchandising plans.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in the surrounding area.
- Assist in building a proactive and productive relationship with union representatives and business agents, if the store is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Solve issues/concerns of associates and customers.
- Communicate all necessary information to store associates enabling them to effectively carry out their duties.
- Serve as liaison providing upward feedback to Store Manager, District Manager and Coordinators on the effectiveness of all Division merchandising and operational plans/programs.
- Assist the store manager in staffing, reducing turnover and increasing retention.
- Provide timely feedback to department heads and all associates on individual and department performance.
- Comply with and coach and train associates on Federal, State, and Local laws, and on enterprise policies.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Possess high school degree or equivalent.
- Have successfully completed the applicable Division Management Training Program.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Supervisory Responsibilities.
- Retail Experience.
- Financial responsibility including budget preparation and management.
- Bachelor's degree.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 75%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Keywords: Assistant Store Manager
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MO||Columbia|| 1729 W Broadway ||65203 || Gerbes||None||Store Management ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Nearest Major Market: Columbia Missouri
Job Segment: Retail Manager, Store Manager, Merchandising, Retail
Apply now »
Back to top