Assistant Store Leader (Central Arkansas)
- Little Rock, AR
Department: DLT Store Management
Post End Date:
Position Reports To: Store Manager
Position Supervises: Store Team
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of the store including continuous development of effective store associates to achieve desired sales and EBITDA results. Assess daily the stores' ability to meet/exceed customer expectations for ease of shopping, variety, freshness, cleanliness, food safety and regulatory compliance. Assist with coaching and development of store associates through both formal and informal interactions. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Assist store manager and associates in the acheivement of a favorable customer shopping experience and associate interest in customer service/relations.
- Assist in leading teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives.
- Work with department heads and associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans.
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, wage budgets, profit budgets, and other targeted goals.
- Drive sales working with department managers to maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department's contribution.
- Assist the store manager in the regular store-level financial performance discussions.
- Analyze and respond to the competitive landscape within the store, district and division.
- Utilize coordinators and other field staff to ensure store departments are achieving sales and profit goals.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in the surrounding area in which the store operates.
- Assist in building a proactive and productive relationship with union representatives and business agents.
- Serve as liaison providing feedback to Store Manager, District Manager and Coordinators on the effectiveness of Division merchandising and operational plans/programs.
- Assist the store manager in staffing, reducing turnover, increasing retention and store operations.
- Provide timely feedback to department heads and associates on individual and department performance.
- Assist with the management of labor and supply costs on a daily basis to meet customer service and financial targets.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Earned a Bachelor's or Associate's Degree
- Bring Retail Store/Assistant Management Experience from another organization
- 1-year previous retail experience preferred
- Previous experience in directing the efforts of multiple individuals from diverse work groups
- Previous financial responsibility including budget preparation and management
- Ability to relocate
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
States: Arkansas; Kentucky; Missouri; Tennessee
Back to top