Assistant Manager - Mariano's
Manage store operations to achieve projected store sales and profit objectives in the store director's absence on the 'off' shifts. Direct and coordinate activities to assure proper implementation of established sales/merchandising programs. Ensure store conditions are maintained; oversee preparation for evening close/next day operations. Oversee the night manager and night crew. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate a love of food and passion for people, incredible customer service and performance excellence through example and team member education.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Establish and maintain a customer-oriented culture and deliver a high level of customer service; anticipate customer needs and resolve issues in a manner that strengthens customer loyalty.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions/requests in a timely solutions oriented manner.
- Ensure proper product handling to control shrinkage/waste.
- Direct and oversee the Liquor & Receiving teams; Manage store operations during the store director's absence.
- Operate equipment (e.g., hand jack, flatbed, fork lift, box cutter, scanner, telephone, register and computer) according to company guidelines.
- Walk the store to monitor/coach associates to ensure engagement and work direction follow through.
- Ensure products and displays are properly stocked, merchandised to plan and meet quality standards.
- Manage store preparation for next day operations, which includes closing through opening the following morning; assess store inside/outside (lobby/parking lot) for optimal overall conditions.
- Ensure proper staffing to address service levels and efficient labor utilization.
- Assist with hiring/onboarding new associates; provide feedback through effective performance management; identify/develop talent.
- Ensure associates adhere to company policies/procedures, as well as local, state and federal laws/regulations.
- Comply with/reinforce food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and take corrective action; follow all store/department policies/procedures.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting and stooping/bending. Occasionally lift/carry 15 to 100 lbs., push/pull 100 to 2,500 lbs., crawl, climb ladders and walk on uneven ground, exposure to wet surfaces and varied temperatures.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma and 5 year's retail supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience; strong math and reading skills
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; strong time management skills
- Sound judgement/problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to create operating budgets/financial forecast
Education Level: None
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Chicago|| 3145 South Ashland Ave ||60608 || Mariano's||None||Store Management; Store Operations ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top