Assistant Manager - Bloomington, IN
Department: CEN Store Management
Post End Date: 12/31/2018
Position Reports To: Store Manager
Position Supervises: Store Team
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of the store including continuous development of effective store associates to achieve desired sales and EBITDA results. Daily assess the stores' ability to meet/exceed customer expectations for ease of shopping, variety, freshness, cleanliness, food safety and regulatory compliance.. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Assist store manager and associates in the achievement of a favorable customer shopping experience and associate interest in customer service/relations which enhances Kroger's reputation as the best merchant in the retail food industry.
- Assist the store manager in leading teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives.
- Assist the store manager with developing action plans, and communications to all store associates on the results of the Associate 1st Survey.
- Work with department heads and store associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans to ensure implementation of plans.
- Manage total operations of the store in the Store Managers absence.
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, wage budgets and profit budgets, as well as other targeted goals (e.g. safety, shrink).
- Drive sales working with department managers to produce and maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department's contribution.
- Assist the store manager in the regular store-level financial performance discussions to include developing budgets (e.g., sales, shrink, labor expenses, other expenses) and other targeted goals (e.g., safety) with store associates.
- Demonstrate inclusionary leadership, expect inclusive behavior from associates, and support the efforts of the Store, District, and Division Cultural Councils.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in the surrounding area in which the store operates.
- Assist in building a proactive and productive relationship with union representatives and business agents, if the store is covered by a collectively bargaining agreement.
- Solve issues/concerns of associates and customers as needed.
- Communicate all necessary information to store associates enabling them to effectively carry out their duties.
- Assist the store manager in staffing, reducing turnover and increasing retention.
- Provide timely feedback to department heads and all associates on individual and department performance.
- Assist with the management of labor and supply costs on a daily basis to meet customer service and financial targets.
- Ensure store compliance and associate knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws, and with enterprise policies.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Possess high school degree or equivalent
- Have successfully completed the applicable Division Management Training Program.
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Retail experience
- Financial responsibility including budget preparation and management
- Bachelor's degree
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN||Bloomington|| 1175 S College Mall Rd ||47401 || Kroger Stores||None||Management ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Meet Some of Kroger's Employees
Alicia P.Cost Management Manager
Alicia oversees a group of 12 cost management analysts who collaborate with suppliers to optimize promotional profitability and in-store merchandise assortment decisions.
Back to top