Senior Software Developer, DevOps - Remote
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve raised more than $130M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 200 employees and created accounts for more than 400,000 Canadians.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Developer, DevOps at KOHO, you will be part of the platform team that builds and automates the infrastructure for KOHO as well as the tools to help increase the velocity of the engineering teams. This involves supporting thousands of users in an event-driven Golang service system, that has integrations with 3rd parties, a multi-cloud data pipeline and B2B architecture.
Please Note: This is a remote position based in Canada that is available to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Practice the KOHO values
- Implement shared infrastructure used by all services and teams within the KOHO platform
- Influence overall objectives and long-range goals of your team
- Champion, define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a distributed, event-driven system
- Provide mentorship for less experienced developers on your team
- Support and advise software engineering teams in the design of scalable services
- Participate in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Containers and container orchestration (e.g. Docker, ECS)
- Cloud-based services (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Infrastructure-as-a-code tools (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins)
- Logging, Monitoring, and Alerting tools (Prometheus, ELK)
- Scripting experience
- Experience solving problems and resolving outages in a large scale production environment
- Event Sourcing
- Staged Event-Driven Architecture (SEDA)
- Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Work Anywhere - Permanently remote and $1,000 to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to an in-house certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 6 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.
Back to top