Technology Strategy Manager
About Kohl's - What's Our Inspiration?
Many people think of Kohl's as just a brick and mortar retail chain. The truth is, we have developed an omni-channel approach to reaching our customers through our stores, online and mobile experiences. Our main source of inspiration has always been our customers, our associates and our drive to be the most engaging retailer in America.
Why Kohl's Information Technology?
At Kohl's, our mission is, "To inspire and empower families to lead more fulfilled lives." That statement is also true of the culture and our 1,000+ person technology team. We want to be the most engaging retailer out there while offering you opportunities to: have a flexible work schedule, work with some of the newest technologies, have clear career paths and have the ability to make an impact in the work that you do every day (not to mention great employee discounts). With a $1 billion dollar investment in technology over the next 3 years, innovation is at the heart of everything that we do.
What Will You Be Doing?
Proactively monitors and relates industry insights and technology trends relative to key corporate objectives and strategic planning.
Capitalizes on all available sources of insight, including primary and secondary studies, syndicated sources, operational/transactional and observational data, white papers and competitive intelligence as well as tap into both internal/institutional knowledge and third-party perspectives to advance Kohl's Technology's understanding and effectiveness in critical and emerging technologies.
Leads research and evaluation of emerging trends in the information technology field and recommends ways to apply technology solutions that will maximize their value to the organization.
Assists with assessments of key initiatives and leverages research to inform strategic planning.
Partners with other departments to address ad-hoc needs in alignment with corporate initiatives.
Leads effort to make sure we are leveraging our external research resources effectively. Identifies other sources as needed and leads effort to build a knowledge repository/library.
Coaches and helps develop research skills across the Enterprise Technology Strategy team, developing standards and templates to drive consistency in methods.
- 5+ years experience working at leading global professional services company supporting technology or retail insight generation and research, including design, analysis and presentation of results
- Solid business acumen with an ability to synthesize complex topics for C-Level consumption
- Experience with research designed to inform the development and evaluation of emerging technology
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization, including C-Level leadership
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to synthesize analysis and conclusions and convey key information via written reports or presentations
- Results oriented; delivers results under tight deadlines, manages uncertainty and risk
- Excellent team player with the ability to build and leverage internal and external alliances and to work effectively in a lean environment.
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top